The federal skilled trade program is the fastest way to migrate to Canada for Trades- skilled Applicants. Technical qualification and experienced applicants such as Cooks, Carpenters, Machine operators, Automobile Mechanics, Electricians, Plumbers etc may qualify under under this program.
In order to lodge an Expression of Interest under the Federal Skilled Traded Program, the candidate must have:
- Two years of work experience in the skilled trade category within 5 years from the date of application in relavant NOC code that belongs to trade occupations.
- Arranged employment aleast for 1 year or Certificate of Qualification issued by the Provincial Government in the particular trade.
- Academic requirement is not mandatory. However, if an individual wants to earn points for an academic credential, then either their Education should be from Canadian Institute or Education credential assessment from a Canadian recognized agency is required.
- Language proficiency level measured by the Canadian language benchmark must be Minimum CLB5 or CLB6
- Evidence of sufficient funds.
Standard Application Process for FSW& FSTP:
- STEP 1: The candidate must determine their eligibility and collect their mandatory documents like Passport, Education assessment report, Language proficiency report, Nomination from province or territory (If applicable), a Job offer from the Employer.
- STEP 2:u00a0 Submit an online expression of interest. Once all requirements are fulfilled, an individual must submit an online Expression of Interest into the Express Entry pool which is valid for 12 months. Candidates with highest scores are selected based on their CRS at regular intervals. An Express Entry profile is ranked on tha basis of selection factors. u00a0Highest scoring applicants receive Invitation to Apply (ITA) in their express entry profile.
- STEP 3: Usually the applicant is given a timeframe of 60 days after receiving the ITA to submit the documents to prove the points claimed in the Express Entry Profile.